Rolling on a budget this Christmas? Then DIY presents are up your alley!
This hot chocolate ornament kit is perfect if you need a last minute gift or if you’re on a budget. It’s also super easy! Here’s what you’ll need:
I got that exact ornament from Michaels for $1.90, I bought a box of Nestle hot chocolate packets, mini marshmallows and sprinkles at my local grocery store for a total of about $10, the candy cane spoons from Michaels for $4, and a festive tin can from Michaels for $2.
This is just a guideline of what I used and bought, but you can definitely modify it by adding your own toppings, and decorating the outside of the ornament yourself! You can get inspiration here and here and here.
- Wash the inside of the ornament to start with a fresh and clean container.
- Using a funnel, fill the hot chocolate mix into the ornament (I used 2 packets for each ornament)
- Add in your desired toppings and end it off with the mini marshmallows
- Put the lid of the ornament back on
- IT’S READY TO GO! You will need to deliver these standing upright, so it’s a good idea to put them inside of a tin can.
Here’s how mine turned out!
If your gift receiver is of age, you could also spice it up by adding a little bottle of Baileys!
I LOVE simple homemade Christmas gifts like this, it’s thoughtful and shows the other person that you put a lot of effort in it! These would also be a cute present for a family, co-worker, sibling, or best friend 🙂 they are so easy that you can make them for anyone and everyone on your nice list. AND, when the hot chocolate is all used up, they are left with a pretty little ornament they can hang on their tree! Gift it alone or pair it with something else like a mug 🙂
If you end up trying it out, let me know in the comments down below!